Dr. Ruth Gomes
Ruth was born and brought up in Krishnagar, West Bengal (India). She did her B.Sc and M.Sc from University of Calcutta in St. Xavier’s College and Scottish Church College respectively. She has performed her doctoral research in the Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science (IACS), Kolkata. After receiving her Ph.D degree she moved to Bangalore, India to continue her research in the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) as a National Post-Doctoral Fellow (NPDF). Recently, Ruth will be joining the Delius group to carry on her research on organic battery materials.
Organic and Organic-Inorganic Hybrid Functionalized Porous Materials for Adsorption, Sensing and Eco-Friendly Catalysis
Organic electrode materials for post-lithium batteries
Fellowships & Awards
- National Post-Doctoral Fellowship (DST-SERB, NPDF)
- National Eligibility Test (NET, CSIR-UGC, rank 59)
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE, rank 266)
- Gold Medal (Duff Medal) awarded from Scottish Church College affiliated to University of Calcutta (M.Sc)
- Rationally Designed Covalent Organic Framework-Based Sulfur Host for Metal-Sulfur Batteries. SSCU Unit day in-house symposium, IISc, Bangalore, 19th December, 2020, (Oral Communication, best presentation award)
- Carbon nanotubes templated covalent organic nanosheets: An efficient sulfur host for metal-sulfur batteries. 10th International Conference on Materials for Advanced Technologies (ICMAT 2019). Marina Bay Sands, Singapore, 23 - 28 June 2019 (Oral Communication).
- Copper anchored mesoporous organosilica as an efficient catalyst for microwave assisted C-S coupling reaction. Copper Bioinorganic Chemistry Symposium (CuBICS2018), Marseille, France, 21-24 May 2018 (Poster Presentation).
- Carboxylic acid functionalized ordered mesoporous organic polymer: An efficient catalyst for Biginelli condensation. 22nd National Symposium on Catalysis (CATSYMP 22), CSMCSI, Bhavnagar, India, 7-9 January 2015(Poster Presentation).